Friday 1 December 2017

DIY - Christmas Hanging Hearts Two Ways




I found these wooden hanging hearts in a local shop and I couldn't help myself so I had to buy them. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them at the time, but I knew I wanted to transform them somehow and use them as Christmas decorations. Looking in my scrap materials stash, I found some faulty prints after my paintings and some wooden shapes I got from a friend. Ta-da!


Christmas decorations version one:


-wooden shapes (any shapes you like)
-scrap paper - old cards, prints with your own art, recycled paper, wrapping paper, etc.
-scissors to cut the desired shapes
-glue


Cut the desired shapes and glue them onto the wooden hearts. 


This is what it looks like in my white tree. 



Christmas decorations version two:


-wooden shapes as background
-wooden shapes for the featured element
-acrylic paints (optional) - I painted some of my shapes in red as my tree is mainly red, brown and white.
-glue


Playing with wooden shapes onto wooden shapes. 


Red tree. 


Blue tree. 

6 comments:

  1. Truth be told: I'd put that blue tree up in the living room right away! They're both lovely but that's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the blue one too, but most or our decorations are red, so our tree will be red again this year. I'll keep the red ones for myself and include the blue ones as gifts with the hand-painted hanging decorations that are on sale in my shop. That's the plan anyway :).

      Delete
  2. So pretty and love wooden decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little wooden hanging shapes are so versatile aren't they? All your decorations are pretty but I think the little reindeer are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete